неділю, травня 22, 2005

MOU (Much Overdue Update- not Memorandum of Understanding)

Well, unless you've been hiding under a rock for a while, you will know that "Habemus Papam". Yay! Let's see what happens next... In other news, God willing, I am going to Christendom next semester and playing catch up on classes... grrr. I thought I was doing very well until I found out that I've missed about four classes that I absolutely must take. I really want to double major and I really need to talk to a guidance counsellor to keep me from killing myself with my class schedule for next semester. On the upside, I passed Latin with a B-!! Huzzah! Scripture B+, no surprise there. And of course, history and lit with As. Recently I've been sleeping a lot, writing an application, frantically searching for essays I need to edit before they can be published, and contemplating life, the universe and everything. I have divined the answer to be 24... I think...:) Err- oh yeah, Meredith had something cool on her blog, and being currently without anything _really_ urgent to do, I shall do the same thing for my blog.


Total Number of Books I’ve Owned:
261 on shelves, closer to 300 when I've unpacked all of them. Maybe a little more than that...

Last Book I Bought:
Watership Down- I finally read it! That was a while ago, I don't get to buy as many books as I'd like to...

Last Book I Read:
The Five Red Herrings- DL Sayers. I'm still finishing it and I have no clue whodunit....

Five Books that Mean a Lot to Me:

1. The Silmarillion- I read it about the same time I began to realize the amazingness of the Tridentine Mass. It is still a book that I have to take breaks from so I can actually finish... if that makes sense. It makes sense to me anyway.

2. The Ball and the Cross- an awesome piece by GKC which has deep personal meaning to me. We need more Catholics like MacIan!

3. The Picture of Dorian Grey- because it really _is_ too moral, rather than amoral, when explained properly.

4. Biggles in Spain- because it got me through a very difficult point in my life and made me recognize who heros are.

5. Guns of Navarone- Because it's a darn good action-filled, well written read!