вівторок, листопада 02, 2004

Errare humanum est...

Well, as my fall break draws to a close far too soon, I find myself with nothing to do and no one to talk to, so here I am. Technically I suppose I could find someone to talk to, but I don't feel like being social right now. I also could be writing a Lit paper that's kind of due Thursday (the 'kind of' bit being a penalty free extension to next Tuesday). But I'm not. Instead I am considering ranting and raving on a number of topics, or perhaps giving a movie review of the incredible movie I Confess. If you're Catholic and haven't seen it, see it ASAP. I could also rant about the tiny library here or certain people here, but that might be destructive and pointless. Perhaps I could vent my thoughts on switching rites? I _do_ have reasons, I'm just not sure if I have enough.
Maybe I ought to share my thoughts on the choas of the knowledge of the fact that I'm pretty certain I didn't end up where God wanted me to be, but I' m not sure and I don't think I ever will be because I'm not a saint no matter how hard I try, and I'm certainly not as good as everyone thinks I am and I wish to the stars I had kept a journal up until this point in time. What's the point of journals though? A catalog of mistakes? A way to open up old wounds and feel the pain just as badly as when it first started? Why am I getting on an angst kick? Better still, why am I publishing my angst kick?
Okay, switching topics violently and in such a manner that those who have not fastened their safety belts will be bruised if nothing else, I shall all interested parties know what's happened at this school and give you some idea of _some_ but not all of the people here. Pretty much everyone here is a scholarship recipient. Okay, no problem with that. With an SAT score of 1350 and some mega-haggling on the part of certain members of my family, I recieved a 1/3 scholarship. Some of my roommates got a full ride. I thought 'Good for them, that's terrific'. They also recieved a stipend (we're freshmensch, not grad students, in case anyone's wondering) and though it wasn't much of one, it was some. Still, not much of a problem. Okay, I was a _trifle_ jealous, but not much- until I learned that _they have no minimum GPA_. NONE! I have a minimum of 2.9, I think, and with my math class and my Latin class this semester, I may be pushing that...So I should shut up, get off the keyboard and start studying, right? Well, I should, and I will at some point today, but not right now. Maybe I wouldn't mind it so much if I thought they deserved it (God forbid we should get what we deserve, if God gave us what we deserved we couldn't stand it, if He is merciful to us, we are ungrateful, we are unworthy blockheads 99.999999 percent of the time, I think...) but I've proof read their papers prior to them seeing the writing center about them, and they aren't A students in my opinion. I realize English is their second language, but to recieve such scholarships, I really think they ought to be more proficient. >sighs<
Oh, in other news! I now have my own room! More on why in the next post which will
hopefully be published no later than a week from today.