четвер, серпня 19, 2004

Origins of the Title

"'Somewhatlost'? What kind of a name for a blog is that?" my critical muse Edrahil asks.
"You should know," I answer. "Your creator thought it up after all."

The inspiration for somewhatlost came to me as I pondered random parts of LotR, searching for something LotR or SILM related that would make a pleasing title. In hindsight 'HouseofFeanor' might have been interesting. 'Nargothrond' was taken >curses, foiled again.<, and so I continued randomly pondering. Until it hit me. "Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost." "So you're going to call it 'deeproots', right?" ValKyriene guesses.
Edrahil glares at her and returns to his work.
"No," I smile. "It shall be- 'Somewhatlost'!"

It was inspired. I do wander, but I know where I want to go in the long run. However, sometimes I forget, or lose my way slightly. Hence 'somewhatlost' not 'wanderingbutnotlost' nor 'neverlost', just 'somewhatlost'.

That actually fits me quite well, I tend to look 'somewhatlost' at times, and feel it more often than I look it as I observe the crazy world around me and the crazier people that inhabit it. Not that I make a particular claim to being normal (Who wants to be a setting on a dishwasher/street in Nebraska/town in Illinois?), I'm just differently crazy. >grins< ValKyriene grins at this, Edrahil sighs and looks skyward. "Why me?"