неділю, серпня 22, 2004

Suspicion and Moving

I just saw the Alfred Hitchcock movie by that name. I highly recommend it for the thrill value, it is certainly suspenseful. The premise is this- a 'well brought up' young lady falls in love (in an extremely short period of time) and marries her Mr. Wonderful. He turns out to be not so wonderful and has a nasty habit of gambling away large sums of money. A sequence of events makes his wife suspect he is planning to do away with her in the permanent sense. No one seems to understand and there are several interesting, thouroughly classic Hitchcock twists in the story. I was a trifle disappointed that... oh never mind, I shan't spoil the ending though I will say this- The wife is NOT killed by rampaging sheep. This idea was actually suggested while watching the movie- along with several other strange ideas, none of which turned out to be correct. Personally, I think that the plotline you begin to outline in your head is probably more interesting (in a slightly morbid way) than the actual one. I shall say no more, least I spoil things.

In other news! I am moving to a glorious sunny place- even though I really don't like hot weather. You may ask-why am I moving to such a place if I don't like it? I'll tell you- because it's cheap! I really would rather move to Prague. Seriously, Prague. I've heard it's gorgeous and has lots and lots of beautiful churches. I shall go someday and see them. And bring lots of film. And attempt in vain to NOT look like a tourist. I hate looking like a tourist. Tourists don't really have fun. They think they do, but they don't. It's so much more fun to live in a country! Heh, maybe I should go to Ukraine with the PeaceCorps? Nah, boring. I don't think I agree with PeaceCorps ideology and they seem to do more harm than good. Like the UN? And possibly some US actions? >shrugs< Well, I think I must wrap up this post, 'The wolf is hungry, the hour is nigh, no more need-' wait a minute, that's not a really appropriate quote.

Kudos to any who get my obsrefs. And know what obsrefs are!