суботу, квітня 02, 2005

Ioannes Paulus: Requiesat in Pace

And please forgive my Latin if I've erred... I'm not a good Latin scholar. I have no words for a life of such accomplishments, only profound admiration and respect, coupled with a deep sense of loss. One did not think of the Pope as being simply 'a' Pope, though perhaps one should have. Instead he was 'the' Pope, the Servant of the Servants of God. And as with any other human on the face of the earth, the Pope is lent to us. One day, God will take him back and he must give an account of himself before the fearesome judgement seat of God, who is perfection of justice and mercy. I pray he accounts himself well for the leading of the Church on Earth. I am certain he will. He will be missed.
Kyrie Eleison
Christe Eleison
Kyrie Eleison
Gloria Patri et Filli et Spiritui Sancti, sicut erat in principio et nunc et semper et in sacula saculorum, Amen.